Go Back   North East F-Body Association > F-Body Garage > Project Logs

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #12  
Old 04-16-2011, 04:39 PM
bottledbird68 bottledbird68 is offline
Build,beat,break,repeat..
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Athol MA
Posts: 1,980
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 74
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBerry95z28 View Post
lookin good so far! keep workin I wanna see it done lol
Me too lol.
Spent a couple hours yesterday crawling around with a tape measure double, triple, and quadruple checking everything.
I'm completely satisfied that the vette stuff is square in the first gen subframe.
What I'm thinking my issue is that when I start trying to measure off the original sheet metal parts of the car things start to get a little funny. So, I'm thinking my 43 year old rusted, twisted, and fatigued sheet metal may not be the best or most reliable point to measure from lol.
That and my other half pointing out how the drivers side factory frame mount to the body actually sits about a half inch further forward on the car. Guess the car was never really square anyhow. Couldn't imagine why lol.
So, time to chop out the old subframe connectors (they need to go anyhow for the truck arms), shift the subframe back a half inch, and start mocking up the rear to make sure I'm square before I finish weld everything.
More updates next week hopefully. Took the Camaro out for a beat run the other night and now I'm really itching to get my baby back together
__________________
The fleet...
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.