|
#81
|
|||
|
|||
|
Me too lol.
Spent a couple hours yesterday crawling around with a tape measure double, triple, and quadruple checking everything. I'm completely satisfied that the vette stuff is square in the first gen subframe. What I'm thinking my issue is that when I start trying to measure off the original sheet metal parts of the car things start to get a little funny. So, I'm thinking my 43 year old rusted, twisted, and fatigued sheet metal may not be the best or most reliable point to measure from lol. That and my other half pointing out how the drivers side factory frame mount to the body actually sits about a half inch further forward on the car. Guess the car was never really square anyhow. Couldn't imagine why lol. So, time to chop out the old subframe connectors (they need to go anyhow for the truck arms), shift the subframe back a half inch, and start mocking up the rear to make sure I'm square before I finish weld everything. More updates next week hopefully. Took the Camaro out for a beat run the other night and now I'm really itching to get my baby back together
__________________
The fleet...
|
|
#82
|
||||
|
||||
|
It's looking GREAT!!!! Some of us are itching to see it at next years Quabbin Cruise!
__________________
![]() 68 Camaro (?350 SB) 69 Camaro (L72 427 BB) 69 Camaro (DZ 302 SB - www.z28.net) Camaro - A friendly flying car – from the French - the first half "camarade/friend" and the last half “aero/of the air". |
|
#83
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Once it's back together I fully intend to drive the wheels off it and hit LOTS of shows/meets. Hell, if it's not raining I'll most likely daily it. I miss driving it. It was my daily for the first 8-9 years I owned it ![]() Just finally got to the point where it sucked to use as a regular car. Hence all the changes. This should fix that
__________________
The fleet...
|
|
#84
|
||||
|
||||
|
Just read threw all this pretty kick ass man , how you making out at this point?
__________________
Mouse Trap Racing (Our Drinking Team , Has A Racing Problem )
|
|
#85
|
||||
|
||||
|
hahha totally forgot about this Nice Dig up Man!!!!!! MATTT WTF MAN GE R DUN!!!!!
__________________
![]() 1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore. ![]() BAAAAAA!!!!!! |
|
#86
|
||||
|
||||
|
...and include pics as you go!!!!!!! It was looking GREAT!!!!
__________________
![]() 68 Camaro (?350 SB) 69 Camaro (L72 427 BB) 69 Camaro (DZ 302 SB - www.z28.net) Camaro - A friendly flying car – from the French - the first half "camarade/friend" and the last half “aero/of the air". |
|
#87
|
||||
|
||||
|
I think he has been spending all his time on the import
__________________
Nitrous is like hot girl with STD's. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences
|
|
#88
|
|||
|
|||
|
No, just been spending my time being broke lol.
Haven't actually touched it for about a month. Got a few bucks back in the bank though so it's time to get back to it this week. I'll update as soon as there's progress
__________________
The fleet...
|
|
#89
|
||||
|
||||
__________________
![]() 99' T/A A4 i got parts!!! Tuned by GOD @ Slowhawk Performance. 325rwhp 333rwtq "Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?" Quote:
|
|
#90
|
|||
|
|||
|
Ok, been a while since I updated this one. No real progress, but, moved it from it's hole at home to the corner of our shop lol!
Here's how it sits now. So far I'm loving how it looks like the stance is going to work out. Looks evil in person. Getting delivered: ![]() Bam! ![]() Still liking the wheels: ![]() Hanging out in the corner waiting patiently ![]()
__________________
The fleet...
|
![]() |
|
|