|
#41
|
||||
|
||||
|
another question
I plan on keeping my CATs and stock manifolds, just because I want to keep the comfort and noise low.....but I just saw SLP makes a factory replacement y pipe, that along with a 3" cutout (loud when I want to be) would it be worth getting? Will I see big gains over my factory y pipe/ and slp dual cat back? Just curious what an open cutout and slp y pipe would make for difference over stock y pipe and slp dual exhaust.
__________________
2000 Firebird- Pacesetter headers & y-pipe | cacto 3" CAT | slp factory dual exhaust | whisper lid w/ K&N filter | aluminum DS | 3.42 w/LSD | 1LE sway bars 32/19mm | htchks STB | UMI LCA Relo's | UMI SFCs | 3" E-cut out | 1/4: 15.3 @ 88.87-SOLD 2000 Camaro Z28- SLP lid/smooth bellows | SLP dual/dual | UMI SFCs/STB | 2.73s | 13.2@106 http://www.offthelineracing.com/ |
|
#42
|
||||
|
||||
|
SLP Y Pipe is a joke. the factory piece works fine if your keeping manifolds. just get a cut out added on if you want obnoxious later.
__________________
![]() 1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore. ![]() BAAAAAA!!!!!! |
|
#43
|
||||
|
||||
|
Actually the second generation Y-pipe is a nice piece, it doesn't hang as low as their original and has proven to gain a few ponies over the stock squished one. I'd get the maganflow cats and the Y-pipe. In factory trim you will gain pretty much nothing but noise with a cutout if you already have a catback.
__________________
-Nick 9/11/01 NEVER forget! |
|
#44
|
||||
|
||||
|
Should I go to mangaflow hi flow cats? Will i gain lots of noise, thats all im worried about...its loud, but not too loud where i cant pass inspection, but if I can gain a good amount from thme and the y pipe, im gonna jump on it.
__________________
2000 Firebird- Pacesetter headers & y-pipe | cacto 3" CAT | slp factory dual exhaust | whisper lid w/ K&N filter | aluminum DS | 3.42 w/LSD | 1LE sway bars 32/19mm | htchks STB | UMI LCA Relo's | UMI SFCs | 3" E-cut out | 1/4: 15.3 @ 88.87-SOLD 2000 Camaro Z28- SLP lid/smooth bellows | SLP dual/dual | UMI SFCs/STB | 2.73s | 13.2@106 http://www.offthelineracing.com/ |
|
#45
|
||||
|
||||
|
depends on what you consider a good amount, might gain 10 to the wheels total. If noise is the biggest concern then leave the stock cats on. I don't see the mags being much louder but I have no personal experience with the factory style ones
__________________
-Nick 9/11/01 NEVER forget! |
|
#46
|
||||
|
||||
|
Oo come on, put longtubes on ! Longtubes with no cats and a magnaflow won't be obnoxiously loud, probably quieter and less raspy than it is now, and better power gains than a cutout with a y pipe
|
|
#47
|
||||
|
||||
|
Lol, oh yeah that'll be stealthy
__________________
-Nick 9/11/01 NEVER forget! |
|
#48
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thats the name of the game lol
|
|
#49
|
||||
|
||||
|
loud pipes save lives lol
|
|
#50
|
||||
|
||||
|
yes they sure do !
|
![]() |
|
|