Go Back   North East F-Body Association > Main Forum > Events/Meets

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-23-2012, 02:01 PM
DavidS's Avatar
DavidS DavidS is offline
Missing a 67
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Granby, CT
Posts: 2,431
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 370
Thanks (Received): 75
Likes (Given): 481
Likes (Received): 266
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalstar View Post
Just to get this straight, you didn't put the Mustang fire out by pissing on it. Just making sure I have my facts straight.
Nah....Flames were shooting out of the bottom though. Dawg started running one way, my kid started running the other way, and I started taking pictures.

I felt sorry for the owner. It must have been very embarrassing.
__________________

68 Camaro (?350 SB)
69 Camaro (L72 427 BB)
69 Camaro (DZ 302 SB - www.z28.net)
Camaro - A friendly flying car – from the French - the first half "camarade/friend" and the last half “aero/of the air".
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-23-2012, 09:15 PM
frankzlt1's Avatar
frankzlt1 frankzlt1 is offline
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,992
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 101
Likes (Given): 11
Likes (Received): 180
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 2
Default

Was the guy with the mustang able to drive it home?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-23-2012, 09:57 PM
DAWG's Avatar
DAWG DAWG is offline
SITDOWN SHUT UP HOLD ON
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Colebrook connecticut
Posts: 3,143
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 65
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 201
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 7
Default

he works next door. so he left it there and had it fixed monday I was told.
__________________

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

US NAVY RETIRED
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-23-2012, 11:55 PM
frankzlt1's Avatar
frankzlt1 frankzlt1 is offline
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,992
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 101
Likes (Given): 11
Likes (Received): 180
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 2
Default

Lucky guy.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-25-2012, 07:07 PM
ILuvPizzaTimes10's Avatar
ILuvPizzaTimes10 ILuvPizzaTimes10 is offline
YOUR ALL GUNNA DIE!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Randolph, MA
Posts: 9,380
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 192
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 587
Dislikes (Given): 25
Dislikes (Received): 83
Default

what was it that caught fire!?
__________________


1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore.
BAAAAAA!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-26-2012, 12:04 AM
DavidS's Avatar
DavidS DavidS is offline
Missing a 67
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Granby, CT
Posts: 2,431
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 370
Thanks (Received): 75
Likes (Given): 481
Likes (Received): 266
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvPizzaTimes10 View Post
what was it that caught fire!?
I think Dawg said one of the brake lines came loose. He knows the exact problem.

Dawg?
__________________

68 Camaro (?350 SB)
69 Camaro (L72 427 BB)
69 Camaro (DZ 302 SB - www.z28.net)
Camaro - A friendly flying car – from the French - the first half "camarade/friend" and the last half “aero/of the air".
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-26-2012, 06:45 PM
DAWG's Avatar
DAWG DAWG is offline
SITDOWN SHUT UP HOLD ON
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Colebrook connecticut
Posts: 3,143
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 65
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 201
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 7
Default

he blew the high pressure power steering hose and it caught fire on the exhaust manifold.
he had the power steering filled with ATF not power steering fluid?
__________________

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

US NAVY RETIRED
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-28-2012, 12:53 AM
ILuvPizzaTimes10's Avatar
ILuvPizzaTimes10 ILuvPizzaTimes10 is offline
YOUR ALL GUNNA DIE!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Randolph, MA
Posts: 9,380
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 192
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 587
Dislikes (Given): 25
Dislikes (Received): 83
Default

yeah dumb idea But its cheaper then ATF. just has a lot higher flash point........ so there would have been no fire.......
__________________


1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore.
BAAAAAA!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.