|
#51
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Will the EGR block off plates (like the ones on ls1speed) work on a factory manifolds? Doesnt matter right its all the same size?
__________________
2000 Firebird- Pacesetter headers & y-pipe | cacto 3" CAT | slp factory dual exhaust | whisper lid w/ K&N filter | aluminum DS | 3.42 w/LSD | 1LE sway bars 32/19mm | htchks STB | UMI LCA Relo's | UMI SFCs | 3" E-cut out | 1/4: 15.3 @ 88.87-SOLD 2000 Camaro Z28- SLP lid/smooth bellows | SLP dual/dual | UMI SFCs/STB | 2.73s | 13.2@106 http://www.offthelineracing.com/ |
|
#52
|
||||
|
||||
|
yes they will work
__________________
-Nick 9/11/01 NEVER forget! |
|
#53
|
||||
|
||||
|
It'll be the same if not quieter lol
|
|
#54
|
||||
|
||||
|
hmmm are you being serious. I love current cat back, but the interior drone I get on the high way BLOWS! If some LTs and a magnaflow catback are close to same noise level I might have to do it.... any input? lol I could always throw a high flow cat on the y pipe and maybe quite it a little more. Im really on the fence here....i want to keep the comfort, but I want to break 12s.....3.73s, ls6 intake, LTs, ORY, magnaflow cat back. 555rs (no stall if I get LTs, i think i wanna stay away from a stall right now) would that be good for 12s? or damn close?
__________________
2000 Firebird- Pacesetter headers & y-pipe | cacto 3" CAT | slp factory dual exhaust | whisper lid w/ K&N filter | aluminum DS | 3.42 w/LSD | 1LE sway bars 32/19mm | htchks STB | UMI LCA Relo's | UMI SFCs | 3" E-cut out | 1/4: 15.3 @ 88.87-SOLD 2000 Camaro Z28- SLP lid/smooth bellows | SLP dual/dual | UMI SFCs/STB | 2.73s | 13.2@106 http://www.offthelineracing.com/ |
|
#55
|
|||
|
|||
|
I had the lm and loved it. Then I did a cam and it sounded good. But as soon as I did the lt and ory forget it, way too loud. So I got a magnaflow and a electric cutout. The magnaflow is nice and quiet at idle and loud at full throttle. Plus I've got the cutout when I really want to disturb the peace.
Those mods should net you 12s. My buddies first time out on plain street tires went 12.90s. Camaro ss m6 lts ory ls6 pp throttle body lid borla exhaust
__________________
2000 SS Th350, FTI 4200 stall , cam, full bolt-ons, 150 wetshot, Moser 9inch/locker/4.11s, Slowhawk tuned. 493rwhp 570rwtq. 10.97 @ 127.7 1.58 60' and M6 10.84 @ 126.3 1.55 60' Th350 SOLD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN New Toy - 06 Torrid Red Gto M6. 231/242 cam, Kooks, magnaflow, GForce, Monster stg2, lingenfelter cai, 411rwhp 385rwtq. 12.40@111 |
|
#56
|
||||
|
||||
|
I'm with them, Magnaflow with headers and no cats will still not be louder than a Loudmouth with stock everything else.
|
|
#57
|
||||
|
||||
|
my car went 12.8 with LTs ORY LS6 intake and 273s and that was bouncing off the rev limiter 2nd thru 3rd so it should have been even lower...ull def hit 12s dont worry lol. The magnaflow with ORY will sound really good. Its def not obnoxious like the loudmouth is.
|
|
#58
|
||||
|
||||
|
I dont have a loudmouth, I have slp dual exhaust with the transverse muffler, the loudmouth is more like a resonator then a muffler LOL. this guy: http://www.ls1sounds.com/SLPdual-dual/dual-dual.jpg
^look at the crushed over axel pipe, do all exhaust systems have that crush to make clearance or no? Plus, Im A4 will I still be able to crack 12s with those bolt ons? I kno the m6s are quicker.
__________________
2000 Firebird- Pacesetter headers & y-pipe | cacto 3" CAT | slp factory dual exhaust | whisper lid w/ K&N filter | aluminum DS | 3.42 w/LSD | 1LE sway bars 32/19mm | htchks STB | UMI LCA Relo's | UMI SFCs | 3" E-cut out | 1/4: 15.3 @ 88.87-SOLD 2000 Camaro Z28- SLP lid/smooth bellows | SLP dual/dual | UMI SFCs/STB | 2.73s | 13.2@106 http://www.offthelineracing.com/ |
|
#59
|
||||
|
||||
|
Oh sorry, I thought you had a Loudmouth. If you have a dual-dual I would keep it, those are very popular and you can't get them anymore, and it should do a pretty good job of taming a LTs/no cats exhaust. I would try that setup and if it's too loud or raspy for you add high flow cats.
And yes, you should have no trouble running 12's with bolt ons and a good tune. The 2.73s might make it a little harder but with some good air you will get there. Like Maddie was saying, her car did it with similar mods and 2.73s. |
|
#60
|
||||
|
||||
|
fuck LT's and cat back. if you want less drone inside the car or to keep it the same you already have the best muffler for that. i like the Dual/Dual WAY more then the Magnaflow. But that my opinion.
Get a Stall. an SS3200 drives Just like stock. i cant even tell the difference for street driving in Last Of A Breeds Trans Am. but wen you wack it the car fucking PULLSSSSS and doesnt stop till the limiter!!! If you want best bang for the buck get a stall run mid LOW 12's and be happy with the cars performance and driveability!
__________________
![]() 1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore. ![]() BAAAAAA!!!!!! |
![]() |
|
|