|
#21
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
A: people are lemmings and believe everything they read, we've all done it and you are full of shit if you say you haven't ever purchased something for the car that claimed to give you X HP and pretty much did shit, hell I had SLP longtubes at one point that actually cost me HP over stock manifolds, they were crap but they were the only game in town and made big claims and everyone with their seat of the pants dyno's said how great they were. B: If you feel $250-$400 is worth it for .001 at the track have at it, i'm just saying there is money better spent elsewhere, the GTO has a pretty darn good intake box on the 6.0 engines, I can't imagine the 5.7 is all that different. And unless you are talking a gain of .5 and 5 MPH from the intake any gains could be from weather, wind direction, launch, shifting differently even tire pressure, etc. There is no intake that will give you a significant gain over a stocker unless there is a restriction and pretty sure there isn't one on a GTO. A $40 high flow filter (preferably oilless) will do the exact same thing If you are buying it for looks and sound then by all means have at it, but I don't see you getting a whole lot more HP from one except maybe way up in the RPM range
__________________
-Nick 9/11/01 NEVER forget! |
|
#22
|
||||
|
||||
|
My car is a street car, I'm not lookin to gain .5 And 5 mph.. I doubt I'll even bring my car to the track this year, but I'm not rich so before I buy anything I'll poke around ls1gto.com see if I can find a thread about stock versus aftermarket
|
|
#23
|
||||
|
||||
|
I was also thinking UDP and TB spacer, what do you guys think ?
|
|
#24
|
||||
|
||||
|
Looks and sounds real nice man!! I hate to but I must critique by saying you should fix those tips out the back and spray some clear on those tail lights and wetsand/buff em!!! They look dull, but if you like the look keep it.
![]() Monaro body kit!!!!
__________________
![]() 95 Z28 hard top - LT1 | 4L60e | bolt ons | Yank SS3600 | suspension | viking coil overs | 3.42 10 bolt | 3520 lbs - 12.331 @ 108.22mph 1.668 60' 08 Saab 9-7x - L96 6.0 swap | L92 heads/intake/TB | LS6 cam | LS9 springs | 7.425" hardened pushrods | CAI | 1-3/4" stepped LT's | catback | 4L60E | FTI 3000 278mm converter |
|
#25
|
||||
|
||||
|
Maybe on the UDP if you get a good one and replace the crank bolt with an ARP bolt. T/B spacer is a waste of time and may cause fitment issues with the intake (although it appears you have a good chunk of room between the intake and fan shroud).
__________________
-Nick 9/11/01 NEVER forget! |
|
#26
|
||||
|
||||
|
couple things:
1. fixed crooked exhaust tip 2. Clear/wetsand/ploish tail lights then you should be good. Car looks great man |
|
#27
|
||||
|
||||
|
I bought new taillights, going to retint them then clear/wet sand/buff and as for the tips the weld that holds them straight broke, easy 5 min fix just too lazy cause it's cold haha thanks for the compliments guys, this is the car I've wanted for the last 5 years
just a few things here and there and she'll be perfect ![]() How bout for my intake I just replace that stupid MAF to TB tube and keep the stock airbox just with a k&n for now ?? I bought 2 no name used intakes for $25 on ls1gto well see where that take me, same set up as the k&n and various Mysore should improve flow numbers, I just gotta get a block off shield for the filter |
|
#28
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Is there any gains from the TB spacer ? And don't I need to run different serpentine belts with the UDP ? |
|
#29
|
||||
|
||||
|
wtf is a tb spacer gon do lol.
__________________
![]() 95 Z28 hard top - LT1 | 4L60e | bolt ons | Yank SS3600 | suspension | viking coil overs | 3.42 10 bolt | 3520 lbs - 12.331 @ 108.22mph 1.668 60' 08 Saab 9-7x - L96 6.0 swap | L92 heads/intake/TB | LS6 cam | LS9 springs | 7.425" hardened pushrods | CAI | 1-3/4" stepped LT's | catback | 4L60E | FTI 3000 278mm converter |
|
#30
|
||||
|
||||
|
it increases plenum size. for what they cause in leaks vs. the hp/track times they gain they are HARDLY worth it. i see no need to replace the stock elbow. the ribbing isnt any hurt in flow and does effect anything. the bottle neck is the small air inlet on the 1994 gto. if your gunn a cheap it out and do a kn drop in. pull the box and cut the air inlet larger and stick the box back in.
__________________
![]() 1998 Firebird:buncha parts thats used to make it go fast..... not so much anymore. ![]() BAAAAAA!!!!!! |
![]() |
|
|